<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Laughing at Life
Movies, Music, and the Mad Life

Weekend Happenings

Monday, July 19, 2004
Had a great and busy weekend!
 
Went on a house tour of some projects that are being rehabbed.  It is always exciting to see what is being done to old structures.  Can't wait to have something myself to fix up!!!  It is amazing to see how shambles can become fabulous with lots of hard work and big money!  I can't wait to have some big money!
 
I went to Soulard Market (an outdoor market in STL) and bought lots of fruits and veggies!  Including a watermelon--which I can't wait to devour!  This was my first time actually going to the market and it was a quite a surprise.
 
Later, I attended RiverSplash, complete with concert by some unmemorable local band (Love Experts--can you believe they picked that name?)  Followed by the B-52s--who were truly wondrous!  They played several songs and had fun with the audience.  Kate is great!
 
The concerts were followed by a wall of water on which images were projected; fireworks and lasers were also prominent!  It was a great show altogether.
 
WARNING:  DO NOT PARK IN STADIUM EAST!!!  The garage was a pathetic disaster--it took an hour and half to get out of the place.  The problem--someone is a dumbass and decided to do pay by the hour rather than event parking--so you pay as you leave.  Have you ever seen 50,000 people trying to get out of a garage when each car has to stop and pay--THE GARAGE MUST BE RUN BY IDIOTS!!!  The other problem is they only had 2 attendants--WTF?  I am sure someone got shot as the night wore on!
 
Sunday, I visited the Earthways House--I am now even more excited about recycling, energy use, and solar/wind power!  It is amazing what we take for granted--you can do so much and save yourself $$$ too.  I will try to post some links soon about saving our resources!
7/19/2004 09:44:00 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Dave :: permalink