<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Laughing at Life
Movies, Music, and the Mad Life

Bend It Like Beckham

Wednesday, July 21, 2004
Ok, so I finally got around to watching this film.  I was in no rush to see if even after all the buzz because I didn't want to be disappointed.  I was let down when I finally saw My Big Fat Greek Wedding--so much hype and though it was good--it wasn't worth all the excitement it had received.

So, imagine my caution at renting BILB.  I was actually shocked at how fun and lighthearted the movie was and that it wasn't this generic cookie cutter film.  I enjoyed the cultural differences as well as the people struggle.  Not to mention the totally interesting soundtrack.  Enjoyed the wedding celebration intertwined with the soccer game and the fun and energy.

Rating:  4 out of 5 Fangs.  (Now that is cutting edge.)
7/21/2004 12:53:00 PM :: ::
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Dave :: permalink